“It’s easy to “visualize success” and to “think positively”; it’s not so easy to throw yourself into the unknown and make it work. But if you can make it work, you’ll gain far more than you can imagine.”
I found the above quote on Step Case Lifehack blog written by Dustin M. Wax. The post, 10 Hard Things to Make Your Life Better, is similar to what I talk about in the way of values and committed action. Wax points out you need to have more that a positive thought to have your “wishes” manifest.
If you have read the book or seen the movie The Secret, you may come away thinking all your have to do is, “ask, believe and receive.” This is only part of the story. Getting an idea with focus is the beginning. It takes an action plan too. It takes commitment. And you are the one in charge of making the choice to make it happen. I have news for you. Just do it! Below is a list of things you can do that are hard and they can improve your life.
- Start a business. It takes courage and planning. Gutsy.
- Organize a group. Share your interests with others and you might find among a group of like-minded people
- Volunteer on a regular basis. Your talents are needed somewhere.
- Take an active role in your children’s’ activities. Be involved. It makes a difference.
- Start a family - rather be a family not just have babies. It a whole life style through thick and thin with your partner and the kids.
- Write a book. It is an adventure into the unknown. You won’t know the ending until you start the beginning. Do it one sentence, one paragraph and one page at a time. You know… the same way you eat an elephant. One bite at a time.
- Learn an art. It takes devotion and can be a gift of expression to yourself and for others to know you. Be vulnerable. Be less than perfect because you can continue to master an art as it is never final or finished.
- Run for office. Become a leader and make a difference in your community.
- Take up a sport. It leads to improved health both physical and mental. Make connections in the process.
- Your choice, your dream, your wish.
What matters to you? What are you passionate about? Set an outrageous goal and enhance the quality of your life. Your goals will support your value-ing in your heart. Don’t know the difference check out this article, Master Your Life Power.
Create your own “Just Do It” list. What’s on your list?
There is a greater chance you will stick with it when you share your goals with someone and write them down. So come on. Take a chance and tell us what outrageous goal you have on your mind.
On the next post Lauren Anderson will be a guest. Check back to hear how she has connected her values to her career Outrageous goals.
PS: I’ll be waiting to hear from you. Pick one goal you can do this week. Or pick a goal you want to work on for the next 30 days. How about 90 days?
Related articles from the Internet